跳到主要內容

Bookbox:The King's Secret

The King's Secret


The words I  learned

  • ashamed (adjective)羞愧的 feeling guilty or embarrassed about something you have done or about aquality in your character
         EX:You've got nothing to be ashamed of.
  • seclude(verb)使...不與..接觸 to keep someone or something away from other people or things

         EX:Typically, the bride would seclude herself in another room.

  • barber (noun) 理髮師 a man whose job is cutting men's hair

         EX:He used to work as a barber.


  • summon(verb)命令..到(某地) to order someone to come to or be present at a particular place, or to officially arrange a meeting of people

         EX:We were summoned to the headmaster's office.


Description of the story and my thoughts

There once lived a king who had a son with the ears of an ox. The king was ashamed of him,and kept the prince hidden away in a room.

One day, the king called a barber to cut hair for the prince. when it was finished, the king warned him " never tell anyone about the prince's ears ".  But in the end, this secret was still passed out.

I think the story let us know that no secret can be hidden forever. So in the beginning, instead of using the lie to deceive or cover up the facts,it's better to face it honestly.






留言

張貼留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Ted talk

TED Talk Topic : Inside the mind of a master procrastinator Speaker's name : Tim Urban Duration :   14:04 Link  :    https://www.ted.com/talks/tim_urban_inside_the_mind_of_a_master_procrastinator/transcript?language=zh-tw#t-50460 --------------------------------------------------------------------- The word  perplex verb     to confuse and worry someone slightly by being difficult to understand or solve            Example sentence: The  disease  has  continued  to perplex  doctors . hypothesis noun   an idea or explanation for something that is based on known facts but has not yet been proved            Example sentence: Several hypotheses for global warming have been  suggested. gratification noun   pleasure or satisfaction            Example sentence: Some  people   expect   instant  gratification. well-fed  adjective  having a lot to eat            Example sentence: It should be  possible  to be  warm  and well-fed, and to  enjoy  all the

MOOCs

The class: Conversational English Skills, from  National Tsing Hua University My feelings in attending MOOCs: I think MOOCs are very helpful to me because I am a very easy distracted person, often distracted by all kinds of things,like the teacher is speaking too slow to make me feel boring, or the teacher is speaking too fast, so I can't understand what he is saying, or even suddenly I think of funny jokes, etc. These will make me unable to concentrate... It's only about 20 minutes for a class to really take classes seriously. However, MOOCs can solve this problem. It has the advantage of not being limited to time and space. As long as you are connected to the Internet, anyone can learn at any time. Even if you are tired, you can pause the movie. If you can't understand it, you can listen to it repeatedly. If the teacher is speaking to fast, you can adjust the voice speed. Then, MOOCs can also be heard when you have time, even during meals or on the way

Introduction

Hello everyone😜, My name is Joyce , I'm 20 years old, studying at the department of International Business. I graduated from National Hualien Commercial High School . There are 5 people in my family, including my parents, my brother, sister and myself. On my personal side, I think I'm very frank and have a strong sense of responsibility. I like making friends. My friends say that I'm an easygoing and helpful people. My interests are playing basketball and running. So, if you would like to make friends or have the same interests with me,welcome to meet me.